Thursday, September 11, 2008

HipHop's Gizame





First off, I heard from Hip this morning that he totalled his car. Hope he's OK and everything works out. Pics please!!! :)

Thanks HipHop for hosting and letting us raid the fridge. It was worth the 45 minute drive. There were a couple of new guys that seemed pretty cool and instantly fit right in. Dave the Mute was there. (new nickname?) He has never fit in. He plays Ken's game and never says a word, just sits and folds, then checks his big hands. If he EVER check-raises you, FOLD IMMEDIATELY unless you have the nuts. Strange guy, he almost never says a word. Tell a joke now and then dude!! Laugh at a joke. Crack a smile. Uncle Bob, Charlie Ha, e-Rock, caveman, Eddie J, Doug C, Brad "I cant get" Laidman, Gross, Lawyer Jen, and a couple other familiar faces that I cant put names to were also in attendance. 2 full tables. I forgot to snap a couple pics. When we broke down into 2 tables, I really wanted to be at the other one, it seemed pretty soft, but everything seemed to work out fine.

OK, OK, blame it on luck. I did hit some hands, but people are willing to pay me off for them. Do I really bluff that much that no one ever believes me? Charlie certainly bluffs more than I do. Uncle Bob too. In fact, I only bluffed once last night, and 2-3 times on Saturday night. The one vs. Grayday was perfect.

Anyway, long story short, I sat down at Hip's just before 8 pm last night and cashed just before 11 pm, up nearly a grand. Charlie and Uncle Bob were my personal ATMs. I bought in for $200 and was down to $50 when I reloaded another hundred. With Charlie, I flopped middle pair and an open-ender with something like 6-7 suited, Charlie bet and I called until I hit runner-runner for the flush on the river, and went all in. Charlie will call with just about any pair. I later got him with 6-7 again, flopping 2 pair and rivering a boat.

So it went on like that. I flopped 2 boats, chased a few straights and flushes that hit, etc. I had JJ and made it $10 then Charlie made it $30 with his AK. Uncle Bob is in of course. Flop is AAJ, and I had already checked in the dark. It checks around. I check again on the turn, and Charlie puts out a nice bet, UB folds, and I bump it by about 1.5x, putting Charlie all-in. He calls and doesn't catch.

I have AQ of hearts and put $10 on top. I dont remember who else was in the hand, except for UB. Flop is A-heart-heart. UB checks and I bet something like $40 and UB makes it a smooth hundo to go. I call and hit the nuts on the turn. UB leads with $100 and I push. He has about $100 left and calls with his single pair (he has A3 off...I had him the whole way) ...Ship It!!!

I folded a ton of winners as well. Nice to catch hands and have them hold up for a change. Charlie and UB (and many others that play $1-2) really seem to over-commit themselves with very marginal hands. Sure, I still do it on occasion but I have really learned the lesson NOT to go broke with a single pair. Been burned way too often...as recently as last weekend.

So that's 1 win in a row. Finally, a winning streak!

No comments: