Monday, September 8, 2008

The return of Dave's game






Woo hoo...Dave's game is back. Nice and close, great venue, and updated lighting. I bought in late and was behind immediately. Didn't win a hand and was out within 30 min. Ugh. Julie won the tourney and a few others chopped. Nice job Julie. She also placed in an online tourney this weekend as well. What a great feeling to be on a roll like that. It's been a while for me. Last year starting in January, I was down to the last $700 in my bankroll, and went on a run that built it up to $13k. Seemed no matter where I played, I couldnt lose. I cashed positive about 80-90% of the time in cash games. I even went 16 straight sessions without a loss. These days...

The cash game was ripe for the picking...I should have been up well over $200 if it weren't for dumb luck. Instead I lost a couple hundo. I wont go into it here because I vented on the CPMG board, but I will say that I will sit at that table with those same players any day of the week. Me and Colin were joking that if we could play against those guys every day we could quit our jobs. I'll get them next week.

So that was my Saturday night. Sunday...football!!! I was pretty psyched about the start of a new Browns season, especially after the 10-6 showing they gave us last year, which could have been 12-4 easily, if we lived in any other city in the US. At least they were watchable and were fairly exciting.

Yesterday...not so much. Freaking pathetic is more like it. No D...No O...nothing. A 27 yard punt. Penalties out the ass (except for a penalty-free 1st qtr). Dropped TDs. I'll get to the FG in a minute.

I watched the game at Fish's place after biking over there. I made it to his place in 1 hour via the Black River Reservation. About 12 miles total, which is damn good for a mountain bike with fat tires. Fish has a sweet man-cave set up in his basement. 108 inch HD screen with projector. We cooked wings, ribs, and Fish even baked brownies. Our old storm chase buddy Russ (Russ Jeske from the WTAM golf show) was there, I hadn't seen him in quite a while, probably about a year. We talked old times and had some laughs. Watched his dogs swim in the pool. Those little Jack Russell's have some serious energy. Speaking of storm chasing, I'll have to add some pics and a couple stories sometime.

So, back to the game. Earlier in the day Pittsburgh kicked the shit out of Houston by 3 TDs and it wasnt that close. The Browns looked worse than the Texans. The only real bright spots were the 9 min drive to tie the game at 7 (We're thinking "yeah, this is gonna be a game!") and the interception in the end zone. Other than that, there was zero pressure on Romo, so they just passed to their heart's content. TO did a bit of showboating that cost a penalty. Braylon dropped a sure TD. We cant blame this loss on the QB...Anderson actually looked OK. This loss was a complete team effort.

We're down 21 pts with about 10 min left. It's 4th and (I think) 3 0r 4 to go. Romeo decides to kick a FG!!!! WTF???? Boggles the mind. We're still down by 3 TDs.

If we go 0-2 next week and look this bad vs the Steelers, I'll be freeing up 3 hours every Sunday afternoon for other things.

No comments: