Friday, September 25, 2009

Almost forgot...

I forgot to add one of the hands of the night from Nautica the other night.

I raised to $15 preflop with AK suited and got 4-5 callers. This was at the loose table that I had moved to. I flop the flush draw, and 1 other guy leads out. I call, and (I thought) everyone else folded.

The turn is a brick for me, and the bettor leads again with something like $50. He doesn't have much left, maybe another $60 behind, so I just push, figuring I have the nut flush draw and over cards. The guy was a bluffer anyway. I had about $300 and change left in front of me at the time. I pushed out a hundo stack when I made the bet.

So...outta nowhere, the OTHER player, who I didn't even know was still in the hand, and had me covered, asks "you're all-in?" Shit! I didn't see his cards. I glance at his stack and then push the rest of my chips out in front of me and say yes, and start counting...PRAYING he folds. I did the best I could NOT to let him know I had just screwed up in a huge way. He looks at his hand about 5 times, checks his stack a few times, and finally mucks. Whew! So all I have left is the little stack...and HE folds! I pulled in a very nice pot on a total on-the-come bluff, and even showed it, and told the big stack that I didn't even know he was still in the hand. They claim they both had me beat. Not sure about the small that that folded...he had a lot invested.

I'm just glad I got out of that one without going busto...

No comments: