Tuesday, September 29, 2009

LF's Monday night game

Lil Fag is again hosting a $1-2 NL game, this time on Monday nights, which are good for me. It was like a CPMG old-timer reunion. In attendance were Charlie Ha, Uncle Bob, TK, Gross, CHAN!!! and a few players from Nautica as well, including james, the manager, who took my seat when I left. There was also Kai, Monty, and another guy that bluffs like crazy. It was a great mix of players. Gibran was supposed to be there as well as Felix, whom I haven't seen in ages. If he keeps this a regular game, it could turn into a great venue. Game started at 6:30. I like the earlier start time on a weeknight.

LF bought some new chips and tables, and although his place is tiny, we managed to get 2 tables going for a while without being too uncomfortable. He bought a few pizzas and had beverages available.

I started out OK, chipping up about a hundred, and called a hat-raise from Charlie Ha, which is standard for him. He invented the hat raise. I had K-10. Flop is 10-10-K...nice. I check, he bets, I just call. Turn is an A, and I am hoping he hit his gutshot or improved his flush draw. He bets again, and I bump it a bit. I had him covered BTW. I don't remember the river card, but I bet out, being first to act, and Charlie raises. I push, he insta-calls. He's got AA. OUCH!! I reload $130 and move on. NH sir. Charlie is good at disguising his big pairs like that. He got us later with KK too, but I got back a big chunk of that pot later on when I hit another boat with 9-10 that time, and Charlie had trip 9's. I busted Adam (well, I got his last buy-in) when I chased down my flush/straight draw to crack his set of 2's. Adam was first to leave, after about 3 buy-ins.

I hit some decent hands, and got paid off as usual. Didn't really bluff. Picked off LF on a huge pot where I had top pair and the flush draw, and hit the flush. He pushed, trying to represent. Most of that group never believes I have a hand.

I managed to cash $885 for a $555 profit and left at 10:30. Nautica tomorrow for a couple hours. Not looking like I'll make Ken's tourney this weekend. I'll be sure to update my RSVP.

No comments: