Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another Nautica win

Up $560 at Nautica Thursday night. Read more here. Nothing spectacular, but I was sitting there at one point thinking "I am definitely the best player at this table". Not to sound cocky, but the others were just bad players. I had most of the chips on the table as well. I've got that confidence back where I can sit there and say to myself "No one is going to take this stack away from me". I knew when I was beat, I played smarter/tighter, and walked away when at my high point.

I haven't been keeping accurate records lately (superstition when on a win streak), but I have won something like 12 of 14 cash sessions. Definitely a combination of luck and better play. The better play comes from better hand selection, tight/aggressive style, switching gears to a different style when necessary, and less bluffing of people that don't fold to bluffs.

Sent an email to my teammates for the team tourney with some strategy notes. We're going to be a well-oiled poker machine. Watch out.

After Nautica, me and Meats went to Champps at Crocker Park for a bite. They had karaoke going and there were a couple girls and 1 guy that were damn good. Found out that Meats likes Celine Dion. Huuh? I have a one-word reply for you sir...Aerosmith.

No comments: