Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dave's 5/3



Almost made the final table in the tourney, but alas, it was not meant to be. My AQ didn't hold up against Jack T-way's Q-10 and it was the crippling blow that sent me to the rail after being my table's chip leader for the last couple hours. No way Jack was going anywhere with those chips either. He gave them away in about a half hour. Tourneys suck.

Thankfully, there was a cash game. First hand, I get QQ, make a nice raise, and everyone at the table is like "here comes Diablo with the action"...WTF, I had QQ!! Flop is something like 10-high and I bet out, Ryan Rufe raises, and I put him all-in, and his set of 7's holds up. NH. I lose a hundo right off the bat, add on, then add on another about 30 min later. Played pretty bad for most of the night and was on a roller coaster. I'd get back to +150 or so, then miss a draw and give it all back. Chased a HUGE pot where I had an open-ender that would have put me way up. Bricked out.

TK brought some AWESOME popcorn with no salt. Tasted like packing peanuts.

Luckily, Tony and Danny C were still there, and I hit a couple of hands against TK (me and TK were paying each other off all night), so I managed to eke out $200 in profit from the cash game. With 15 min left in the night, and at my high point, I cash out. Meats calls me a pussy. Thanks buddy. Sorry for the hit and run, lol.

So the win streak continues. Well not exactly a streak, but I am on such a great run at the cash game. Which is why I'm NOT going to Vegas in June with everyone. I've had my cold dose of reality in Sin City. No need to get punched in the gut again. I'd like to hold onto my bankroll this time.

No comments: