Friday, May 29, 2009

Great comeback at Adam's

Go Cavs! I'd love to see them come back and win this series, but I am a realist.

So anyway, I started off losing my first buy in with set-over-set (Tom Gross style) against Uncle Bob. We both flopped them, mine were 10's, his Q's. What can you do. The next one went away by missing draws, 2nd best, and a couple of bad calls. I hit up Hip for a loan, and lost almost half of that $200. Woe is me.

I called a raise from Hip with A-2 suited and flopped the flush draw. I pushed and then bricked out, but my A-high held up somehow. (What did you have there Hip?) I later flopped a set of 2's against Hip's flopped pair of Q's, and doubled up again. 2's were all over the board last night. TK flopped quad 2's against Hip's AK and managed to get all his $$ in. NH sir. Roland later got some of TK's money after hitting 2-pr with a 10-4 suited. Roland says "I have to play some crap every now and then". I concur.

We were making fun of his low-key, quiet German whisper. I asked if he carried around a coat hanger a la Raiders of the Lost Ark. Roland is pretty cool and took the ribbing well, but got fairly quiet when Hip mentioned Hitler.

Almost forgot this hand...I get AA and limp UTG. No raises, but 4-5 callers. Shit! Flop is QQx. I bet out, and only TK calls. I am finished with the hand, putting him on a Q, but I hit the beautiful 2-outer on the turn, and I check-call (I think). A 3rd club hits the river. I am praying he has a boat or flush. I think I check-raise, adding something like $40 to his $25 bet. He kinda goes into the tank, and I offer to show a card. I show the non-club A. TK, says "OK, you induced the call" and calls with his Q. I think I did a decent job there. I welcome any comments.

I got Uncle Bob with 2-pr on another hand (6-2...I was playing every 2 since they were so hot), then hit a straight on him just before I left. I managed a spectacular comeback and cashed $886 after going $600 deep. I was able to pay back Hip's loan (Including the hundo I got from him at Dave's a couple weeks ago, which I totally forgot about. That's what taking a week off will do to you when you get old) and pocketed almost $200 in profit. I consider this week a great success when I can repay a loan and get back half the money I donked off at Riegler's this week.

Tomorrow is Dave's final official tourney for the season. I'll be making pasta salad tonight, completely from scratch. I promise it'll be a hit. Homemade dressing, feta cheese, fresh herbs...mmmmmmm!!

I've generally played well in the deeper stack tourneys. let's hope I can keep that up.

I'll be emailing out a couple more "5 questions" soon. This has been fun.

2 comments:

hiphop said...

I had QJ. 2 overs and a gut shot

Just a Girl said...

Where the fuck are my 5 questions?

(Hi Hippy)