Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend update






Well, the team tourney went smoothly. There were quite a few naysayers that were dead wrong in their predictions. Turbo Tom even said it would end in a fistfight. FAIL!!

It was a great time, as you can see from the pics. Me and my crazians went deep, but my A-10 ran into Colin's AK and I was crippled, along with Dohar's AQ vs. AK. Karl couldn't pick up a playable hand. I saw him lay down JJ preflop to what turned out to be top 2 pair and a set of 3's that turned into quads, so great laydown there. Oh well, we'll get them next time. See the post on the CPMG board for more details and TK's pics.

The cash game went pretty bad for me. Got AA cracked by 10-7 off after I raised to $17 preflop. Brandon was on fire and couldn't miss. He's a gambler. I wish he came to the cash game all the time. Good dude, but he throws money into every pot. Unfortunately, he was hitting everything hard. I lost $400 and change.

Luckily, the weekend was not over for me. Busted out of Dave's tourney in the usual way, by getting SUCKED OUT as a huge favorite. I got JJ busted by K-10 and then AQ busted by 8-9 to hit the rail. You cant win a tourney without luck.

Once again, the cash game saved me. I cashed $715 on a single $150 buy-in, and Meats did even better, cashing $810 on $140. We didn't go up against each other much, but I did give him a few bucks. He was hitting everything. I had to get lucky.

For some reason, J5 suited has been my money hand lately. I cracked KK with it by boating up. Later, I flopped the nuts with a 5-7 and a board of 3-4-6. Got paid!!

I also called a HUGE bet from Grayday of $100 in a $150 pot with middle pair when I knew he just held a big A. Right on. I saw Meats call a huge river bet with a flush on a double-paired board. NH sir.

So, I finished the weekend up a little. I think I'm gonna hit up Nautica this week. EVERYONE is winning down there. Oh, except for Slacks. Karma dude. You've successfully isolated yourself from just about the entire group. Is that the plan?

2 comments:

diverjoules said...

I agree Diablo, the team tourney was a success and loads of fun. It was fun to play with and your teammate. I was bummed I got moved. See you at the tables.

Blogger #722346B said...

Thanks Joules...looking forward to playing at your place once Dave is finished. It's just so close and convenient for me!