Friday, May 29, 2009

More Nautica fishiness

I forgot to mention the guy on my right at Nautica the other night. I told the story at Riegler's afterward, but everyone needs to hear it. This is a prime example of how bad the play is down there.

The guy on my right JUST CALLED a river bet with the stone cold nuts...twice in about 15 minutes. Ryan Thoms was at my table and saw it as well.

In the first hand, the nuts was broadway, and there was about $75 in the pot. A guy bets into this donkey $45, and he JUST CALLS with broadway!! I say "no raise?", and he said something like "I didn't know if he would call". Wow. My valuable advice to him was that it wasn't going to cost him anything to muster up a raise to find out. Unreal. The bettor had bottom end of it, and most likely wasn't going anywhere.

So a few hands later, he JUST CALLS another river bet with ACES FULL, which was the nuts. Ryan was on his right and I could tell he was astonished. It was Ryan's first time there. Anyway, I certainly didn't offer up any more advice. I sure hope to see him again.

I hit Ryan for a few bucks before I left, hopefully he got it back. I dont remember the hand, but I think I hit 2 pr or a straight with some BS hand. I raised on the flop to get him outta there, but then checked it down.

2 comments:

Brad Laidman said...

i saw that up there - a guy bets 45 into a dude who has the nut flush and just calls

I was like how bout a raise and he was like - he wouldn't have called

original better was like of course i would have folded

I was like "it's a free roll" morons

JB said...

I listened to your "little man" advice Friday and didn't stay for the last hour. I had dwindled from 300 profit to 200 and a guy made a Seinfeld reference. I thought there's the sign, the little man Diablo mentioned. I left a winner. 4 out of 5 times now down there.

Jeremy