Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Hangover


If you haven't seen The Hangover yet, drop what you're doing and head to the movie theater. Hilarious movie, and fairly well-acted.

We come out of the movie and a cop rolls up and asks Slacks to come over to the car...Are you Mark? Your car was broken into. Damn! Crackheads smashed his window took his GPS.

Had some dinner with my wife, Meats, Slacks, and Gail at Texas Roadhouse before the show. Big-ass t-bone baby.

Oh...weekend update. Went to Nautica on Saturday, and got VERY deep. I had $1k on the table at the end of it all. At my first table, I had 3-4 total donks with stacks everyone got a piece of except for me. No matter what I had, they beat me with a straight or flush. If I had the nuts, it was like they could see my cards. So 3 of them left at once, and I jumped ship to another table, which had an equal number of donks at it. There was a kid that was so hammered he could barely speak (that sounds familiar) with a stack of well over $1k, and another guy that looked like he just got out of the joint. I couldn't get a hand at that table. Missed every flop. at 11 pm, I had $39 in front of me, and shoved when I hit my A with A3 in the BB. Tripled up. I tripled again, but dont remember what I had on that one. The monster came just before the end of the night. I make it $12 preflop with A9 of diamonds, the old Asian (uh-oh!) makes it $40, and prison guy puts a hundo on top. I figure Asian guy for some kind of hand, but prison guy was re-raising with crap like K5 suited, pocket 3's, etc. I decide to see a flop. Screw it, it's almost last hand and I am WAY stuck. I flop the nut flush draw and a gutshot with a Q-10-8 board. I push in my last $200 and they BOTH call. Hit the gutshot on the river!! Asian guy had KK, prison guy had AA. WOW. Crazy luck on that one. I cashed $887 and took a relatively small loss compared to the disaster it could have been.

The session did however remind me that I can still get killed with idiots at the table, and without going on tilt. I played OK for the most part, although after getting 3-4 buy-ins deep, your play HAS to be off somewhere. It certainly was with that last hand.

No comments: