Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nautica win...again!

I soooo love that place. I played 2-2 limit for about an hour before my NL seat opened up, and ended up losing $40 there. I woulda been up quite a bit but got 4's-full cracked by K's-full. The fish at that table were unreal. We had a couple pots with 9-10 in the hand. I also saw a guy call a 2-bet on the river with Q-9 suited (no draw at all), who then pointed to the K on the board and said "Aww man, I thought I had a pair of JACKS"!!! Swear to God. I may sit at a 5-10 limit if available next time. Just winning 1-2 pots would be great.

So I got to my NL seat and Grayday sits down next to me after a few minutes. I chased an open-ender early on and lost most of my first buy-in, re-bought, then added on another hundo later when nothing was hitting. Went a long time before hitting a flop.

Nothing really exciting to speak of, but I did catch a set of 10's, and had KK and a set of 6's betting into me. That pot put me back on top after being down almost $400. I later took 2 pots off Chan when I hit 2-pr with a 10-7 and a pair of 8's with K8 suited. I called his $20 preflop with the K8, then checked it down, which I told him I would have done with the other hand, but he HAD to bet at me. He bet like $80 on the river when I had the 2-pr.

There was one guy at the end of the table that me and Grayday were gunning for. This guy was in every hand and calling big raises. He had a monster stack and lost it all on a flush draw with 2 others in the pot (AA and a flopped set). He bought back in and I got the last of his re-buy...don't remember the details on that one, but Grayday and I both knew he'd leave without any chips. Correct-a-mundo!!

Ryan Sadd, Ryan Thoms, Hip, Chan, and Grayday were all there. Not sure how anyone did, but I think Grayday was up a little when I left at 10pm. Final score: up $270 after seat fees and limit game loss. I haven't been keeping accurate records lately (I ALWAYS go on a losing run when I start keeping records) but I am somewhere around 8-1 at Nautica since they opened up NL.

No comments: