Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick update

I'm on vacation this week, so just a quick update.

Had my first loss in a very LONG time down at Nautica last Tues. Was up about $400 ($400 deep as well) and got KK cracked by A-10. Got all his money in on a 10-high flop (I even told the guy I had an over pair) and he caught an A on the turn. That got about half my stack, then I donked off the rest trying to make it back. This was actually a tough table for the most part. There were 1-2 seats where the donks would sit down and give away a buy-in or 2, but everyone else was fairly solid.

Went to Julie's yesterday for her tourney. There were only about 13 players. I busted out in about 7th or 8th when Special K hit her 2-outer to take out me and another guy. The other guy, Mike I think it was, hit 2 gutshots on me. Gary hit 1 gutshot on me as well.

So, I hit up Nautica and sat down at 5. Cashed $900 even at 8pm on a single buy-in. Chipped up to $400 very slowly, then flopped a boat with 10-10 (board was AA-10, and my opponent had an A) and also hit a set of A's with a guy betting into me. Tom Gross was at my table and couldn't get any love. Linda, Caveman, TK, Unclce Bob, Mailman, and Andre were all there as well. Not sure how everyone did, but I guess after I left, Gross started hitting hands and got himself out of the hole.

I'll be back again this week for sure.

No comments: