Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ultimate hit and run

Stopped down to Nautica last night. Sat down with $200 at 4:40, paid my $5 seat fee, TRIPLED UP on the 3rd hand, and left at 5:00 with $617 when they came to collect fees again.

I had Q-10 in mid position, and called $12 or $15 preflop from a guy I know to have a wide range of starting hands that he'd raise with. Flop is J8x, rainbow, and it checks around. 9 on the turn gives me the nuts. There is about $55 in the pot, and a girl on my right bets $25, I make it $50, and the original raiser makes it an even hundo. She pushes for about $30 more, I push for about $80 more, and he calls. I say "I have the nuts right now", and the girl shows a slow-played set of J's, and the original raiser shows 7-10 for a lower straight. River is a K, and I still have the nuts. Ship it. Thanks for slow-playing that set of Jacks! I sure wasn't calling much of a bet on the flop.

So I ended up winning a couple more small pots, and got the hell out of there a few minutes later. My little man wasn't screaming at me or anything, but I figured what the hell, it usually takes a few hours to build a $600+ stack, and the table was actually not completely made up of donks, so I took the opportunity and bolted. I met Meats at Champps for a bite and was home by 7:00. Took the dog for a walk in the park, then hung out at home the rest of the night. And they all lived happily ever after.

No comments: