Monday, June 1, 2009

Dave's Summer Blow-out











Had a great time on Saturday, and thought for sure I was gonna cash, if it weren't for Tina and her well-played pocket Q's. She just called all the way when I hit top-top with my A-10. Ouch. I was chip leader before that hand. I doubled up Grayday when we both hit 2-pr, and then I chased a couple draws after that but didn't catch, then Hip finally knocked me out with his flopped top-2 against my A-8. NH sir. Hip didn't look back after that and took it down for a nice cash. Well played bro, you deserved the win. He cracked AA a couple times early on as well.

I took out 2 players in a single hand, twice! I was running good, hitting flops, and stayed focused. Made the final table out of 38 total. I really like the longer rounds and deeper stack. There are still quite a few players that play every pair like A's-full, so you have to watch out for them, but overall the structure was great. A cash would have put me at least 3rd in the POY race. No biggie; I am happy to be in the top 4. I promise a top-10 finish in the next round as well.

HUGE cash game with 3 full tables, but I ended up losing like $88. Meats put Grayday on tilt with a great bluff. One thing I can say is ALWAYS SHOW GRAYDAY THE BLUFF. It will really pay off. I was way down most of the night, then got back up about $25 (my little man was screaming at me, but Grayday still had chips), and I did manage to bust Grayday with 5-7 suited, but Holiday Inn Jim joined us for the last couple orbits (shoulda been 1 orbit but we squeezed out as much as possible for Jim's sake) and I didn't catch against him. He went to his pocket TWICE after 4am for more chips. How could we say no? TK got some off him, but I think HI Jim cashed a few bucks.

Anyway, the food was good, we had a great time, and Dave's season ended in fine fashion. Thanks Dave for being a great host.

Check out the pics...Data without a hat, that's a first. His reply: "I'm defragmenting", LOL. Those are DP's Fruit O' the Looms. He offered to bare ass, but that's plenty of DP right there. Check out Hip's stack, which was taken even before he made the money if I'm not mistaken. And that sweet-ass belt buckle. Hip and Meats are my heroes! I am taking a 6.66% stake in Hip for his WSOP seat. Let's hope it pays off.

I'll have to hit up a couple of Julie's tournaments now that my Saturdays are free. We'll have to get a cash game going. :)

No comments: