Wednesday, June 3, 2009

NASCAR Tina's 5 questions

Name/nickname: Tina, Kristina, NASCARTINA (I think I need a nickname that actually fits....I hate NASCAR)

Age: I'm 36.

Occupation: Litigation Legal Secretary

Home town: Brook Park

Hobbies outside of poker: There is life outside of poker? O.K. Hobbies I once had: Scrapbooking, writing, reading, hiking, bowling (170 average ya'll), beer pong (I am awesome!), cornhole tournaments, and anything that interests my daughters somewhat becomes a hobby of mine as well.

1. What was your first CPMG experience? (please include when/where, how you came to join the group, etc.)

Went to a charity tourney in Brook Park a few years back. Some guy came up to me after I busted out and chatted me up about the CPMG (I don't know who it was, nor has anyone come forward so I can blame them for ruining my life). I went online to look up CPMG and started to play the Monday Night Pokerstars games. First tourney was at Pyxis' place. Doug Poker gave me a ride since we both lived in Brook Park. I won the tourney. I remember beating Yosh head's up (I'm sure it was all luck). After that...I was hooked and somewhat became a "regular"

2. What’s your key to bankroll management?

I have no keys to my bankroll and no bankroll for my keys.

3. Describe your range of starting hands for cash/tourneysI will NOT describe my starting hands (nice try though). I get killed enough out there. I will say this.....I've learned so much about the game through the people I play with in the CMPG. I am no longer the scared little girl who was afraid to enter a pot - even with a great starting hand.

4. What pro player do you think you play like?

I'm not good enough to play like any pro....however, I like Gus Hansen's style alot. Female...I'd say Annie Duke is my fav. (Donald Trump is an ASS!)

5. Summarize the biggest pot you ever won

I scored a pound of pot once :") That was huge......
Seriously..I do not remember the exact amount of the biggest pot I've won and I may be a little sketchy on the details. It was at Seneca though and I had just won a decent sized pot 2 hands before and had about $450 in front of me (a small amount compared to what could be in front of you at Nautica). I called a small raise with 22 in the cutoff position. There were 4 people in the pot preflop, that much I remember. Flop 2Q2 (two diamonds - quads bitches). Player A bets the pot...Player B folds, Player C raises, I call, Player A calls. Here comes the turn. It was a K or an A of diamonds. Player A pushed all in and had roughly $250 behind. Player C goes over the top and goes all in for about $400 more. I had like $400 in front and called his all in. I do not remember the river card :-/ Player A and Player B had a flushes on the turn. I had quads. They were stunned. I couldn't even stack my chips b/c I was shaking. I called for a rack...stacked the chips in it...went to the cashier, cashed out, smoked 2 cigarettes and then proceeded to lose a lot of it playing Let It Ride :)

No comments: